About Men’s Rights Association®
Men’s Rights Association (MRA) is a non-funded, non-aided, registered NGO fighting for equal rights for men.
MRA works in all areas of Men's welfare, salient ones, being the ones given below:
1. Spreading Awareness on Men's Rights.
- Breaking the Myths of Protector and Provider role.
- Fair Understanding of Men's (3R’s) - Roles, Responsibilities and Rights.
- Protest against incorrect representation of men in media.
- Making people aware of the fact, that Men are human too.
2. Giving a Quality life for Men.
- Breaking the false myth of Male dominated society.
- Spreading awareness on unfair treatment by society to Men throughout his lifetime- As a child, as a young boy, as a married man, and when he is old.
3. Fighting against misandry (male-hatred) prevailing in society.
- Rebel against social mindset of assumption of Men being born criminals.
- Train men's emotion and groom for a better life.
- Media representation highlighting the plights of Men.
4. Providing legal guidance and emotional support to distressed Men.
- Tactics and tricks to fight matrimonial disputes and false accusations.
- Working towards lowering suicide rate of men.
- A ray of hope for improving Quality of life for men.
- Organizing Men and formation of support groups.
5. Working towards, betterment of men's health.
- Conducting awareness camps for discussing medical problems of men.
- Sponsoring treatment of male-specific medical ailments for the needy.
- Identifying, understanding and fighting stress-points in a man's life.
6. Forming Men’s Welfare ministry
- Men contribute 82% of taxes to the government, yet there is no Commission or Welfare ministry for men.
- Even animals have Ministry, women have National Commission for women and a separate Welfare Ministry, Why not for Men?
- Sustained campaigns and pressurizing government to form Men’s Welfare Ministry and National Commission for Men.
7. Fighting for Father's rights.
- Securing minimum of shared child custody and living life with dignity.
- Shared parenting concepts with sharing proportionate child support and maintenance by both the parents commensurate with time spent with the child.
8. Establishing old age home for Men.
- Elderly abuse by daughter-in-law is rampant in society.
- Endeavour to support the aged men and establish old-age homes. With more than 95% of the homeless being males, this is very much needed.
9. Analysis and Research on Men's issues in various aspects of life.
- Train Men to think towards identifying various aspects of Men issues which society is not aware of and not well recognized.
- Conducting research on gender specific problems faced by men.
Please join and help us in improving life of the most ignored section of Society......